View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Gray area concerning recreational marijuana? - January 17th 2017, 01:16 AM

This is a very interesting topic you have brought up. I want to give an example before answering your questions.

I live in Ontario. The legal age to drink is 19. However, I live a bridge away to Quebec and the drinking age is 18. Many Ontario new 18 year Olds would cross the bridge to Quebec to drink as it is legal there. However, once you cross the bridge and you are found intoxicated you can be charged. Even if you purchase alcohol and bring it across the bridge into Ontario. If you are stopped with unopened alcohol you are charged with drinking or having possession of alcohol on person.

This may also apply in your states. You might be close to a state and it's legal to smoke marijuana which would be okay since it would be legal there. However, once you are in the state where it is illegal then all laws apply to that regardless if you bought it in another state.

You are an adult so you can make your own choices so saying you shouldn't have marijuana isn't my place to say. You are aware of the laws. To me I don't think police or law enforcement really cares that much if you have very little on you. I mean here, if you have X amount you can be charged. Usually they give you a warning. However, I am not aware how the law enforcement works where you are.

Usually, smoking alone in your home is fine in these cases.

**For those who are underage and where it's illegal to purchase marijuana it doesn't mean you should smoke Marijuana. Follow the laws and if a area allows Marijuana use to ensure you follow the laws of age or if you have it for medical purposes by a medical professional.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.