View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: another case of overthinking minor details... (defining our relationship? how to act in school?) - February 13th 2017, 08:10 PM

Hey there,

It isn't silly or childish to think about details like this at all. In fact, I think it shows how much respect you have for him because of the way you're taking what he would be comfortable with into account. That's a wonderful, mature way of approaching the situation.

While conversations like this always feel awkward at first, it's so important to communicate about this and any other concerns/questions you have. Since you mentioned that you'd like to approach the situation as casually as possible, I'd recommend saying something like "I've really enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you over break. Since things are still so new between us, I was wondering how you wanted to act when school starts up again. What are you okay with? What are you not comfortable with?" Give him the opportunity to share his thoughts on the situation and then follow up with your own feelings about it if there are things that are significantly different. When you're open with each other about where you're at, it's more likely that you'll be able to reach a place where both of you are comfortable.

All of that being said, I would recommend waiting to ask about whether or not he is your boyfriend. While it's understandable that you're curious about how serious he sees things with you becoming, a week really isn't that long and it could make him feel rushed or insecure about the way he is approaching things. For now, focus on enjoying getting to know him and have fun spending time with him. In a few weeks, if things are still going strong, consider bringing the status of your relationship up. But, for now, just enjoy the newness of it.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie