Thread: harm to myself
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
chrissy2009 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Chrissy

Points: 9,542, Level: 14 Points: 9,542, Level: 14 Points: 9,542, Level: 14

Re: harm to myself - February 15th 2017, 07:08 PM

Hi There. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with coping. I love your idea of writing down your emotions and then ripping them up. I used to do that as well and sometimes it can be helpful. I am also sure that you will find other ways. Sometimes crying it out is a good idea if you get to overwhelmed.

Although, your parents may not fully understand what is going on or how to help you at least they want to help. Look at this way, even if someone doesn't understand how to help that doesn't mean that they can't help comfort you. Try to allow them in to your life. Talking about what is truly bothering you often helps as well.

Most of all, please try to stop the self harm. As someone that used to do that, those scars never go away. When you get to my age (29) you look back at those scars and remember how painful your life truly was. There are other ways. I know you can do this. I have faith in you. You just have to find the "thing". The one thing that will help you cope the most. It's different for everyone but my was singing and writing novels.

If you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to contact me.

Remember, YOU got this! Things will get better! <3