Thread: harm to myself
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: harm to myself - February 16th 2017, 08:41 PM

I'm happy to hear you will try out some of those things. You are right that any other healthy alternative is better than harming yourself.

Since self-harm became a coping mechanism for what you were feeling, it is a good idea to ensure you have emotional outlets. Have you thought about blogging here on TeenHelp, and/or starting a journal about your thoughts and feelings? It is certainly best not to keep it all inside. You can reach out here anytime as well.

Remember that you'll have relapses and urges, but you can recover from self-harm. You're stronger than you know and now you've got us at TeenHelp here to support you. Take it one urge at a time and one day at a time. Perhaps you could set small goals? Such as a week, then move it up to a week and a half and so on. When you reach those goals you could give yourself a little reward. For example, some people buy themselves a song, some people get a pet etc. Speaking of, pets can be quite therapeutic!

Most of all, I want to reassure you that you've got support here. We're here to listen and help if we can. Take care and hold on.