View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Telling someone about my self-harm - March 6th 2017, 04:33 PM

Hey Sue,

I am really sorry that you you sh I know how tough it is. But I am really glad that you want to confide in someone about it.

About this friend, I think it is really up to you if you want to tell this exact person or not. I myself would find a trust worthy person maybe it be some teacher at your school, a sibling or a parent and confide in them. I know you said you didn't want to tell your parents and that is okay not to tell them right now. But I think at some point you need to tell them.

As far as if you tell a teacher at your school, they might have to tell the school counselor who will most likely tell your parents. But then again some teachers keep it a secret and help the best they can.

Telling a family memeber is a really good idea because if something goes wrong and you faint because of loss of blood or something they will know exactly what went on and can help you, and tell the doctors what happened.

As far as telling a friend, I would choose a friend who is really trust worthy and one that you know what make fun of you are just tell you, that you are attention seeking. Just be aware the friend might as you to tell your parents or if things become worse and they are worried about you, they might tell you parents. If they do that I wouldn't get upset but I would honestly thank them for being conserned enough to tell an adult.

I hope some of these options helped you decide wether to tell this friend or someone else that might be able to help you.

If you ever need to talk, vent or need someone to listen my PM/VM is always open.

Your Friend,
Essa<3