View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10

Re: Telling someone about my self-harm - March 13th 2017, 05:02 PM

To answer your question, I have told people in the past. Some didn't handle it well, while others were really supportive. Some of my best friends knew I was self-harming and stuck by my side. My advice would be to tell someone you've been friends with for awhile, even if they don't have mental health issues themselves. People who have stuck with you for years aren't likely to leave you because you are suffering. If people do choose not to stick by your side, honestly, they weren't real friends to begin with.

On the subject of your parents I totally understand, I was never able to tell my parents about it. But I did tell my guidance counselor when I was in high school, so they would tell my parents. It was hard, they were mildly disappointed, and they stuck me in therapy.

Have you tried therapy? I think that would be the best option because they know how to handle these situations.

I am really sorry that you are feeling down, but I am glad you are reaching out to others. I hope everything goes well. Just know that you deserve love, support and help. If you ever want to chat, feel free to message me. =)