View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Not exactly rape or abuse but- - March 25th 2017, 02:34 PM

I'm glad you're reaching out to us.

You said you've grown up as a close kind of family, but it does seem like some of the things you're noticing are uncharacteristic of your dad and that is a cause for concern.

I think you'd benefit if you told your dad you're uncomfortable the next time he does this. You can also say it loud enough so that your mom knows you are also uncomfortable. Do you think you'd be able to talk to your mom and tell her what you have told us? I think it is important for her to know that your dad is touching you in a way that he should not.

If your parents are concerned about you using your phone at night, maybe you can compromise with them. See if you can turn your phone off at night and leave it in your parents' bedroom until the morning. That way, they know you're not on your phone and you can sleep in your own bedroom. Should you decide to do this, however, I suggest locking your door if your door has a lock. If not, it may be worth investing in one.

If you don't want to tell your dad that you are uncomfortable and you don't think you can tell your mom, maybe you can try writing a note or speaking to someone else about what you're experiencing. You don't deserve to do this alone.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers