(#2 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17

Re: Anxiety about being connected. - April 13th 2017, 07:49 AM

Hey there!
I can understand how social media can create some anxiety or trigger someone. I've had my fair share of anxiety around certain social medias. I think what you've done so far as deleting people and pages that trigger you is great!
I personally think having a phone is very important in this day and age in case someone needs to reach you, but its perfectly fine if you're not comfortable having one. If the only people who you contact is family then just making them aware about your anxieties, or just you wish to not have a phone or contact them via letters and the occasional phone call and hope that they understand.
People constantly delete then remake their social media profiles for various reasons and that's perfectly fine.
I know some people have controversial opinions about anxiety, but what has personally helped me overcome certain anxieties was exposure to it. Not all at once, of course, but slowly and to comfort level, slowly increasing it. Something someone has told me once is that anxiety is your brain reacting to something in an irrational way. Maybe thinking about your anxieties in that light can help you overcome the anxiety and face the reasons why you're anxious. If not, it's always perfectly fine to avoid the things that trigger you and keep yourself safe and comfortable.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.