View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10 Points: 4,811, Level: 10

Re: I can't do anything about my depression - June 13th 2017, 09:41 PM

Hey, I'm so sorry abouteverything your going through. The positive is that your willing to try and get better, you haven't given up yet and that in itself is an accomplishment. You said you tried telling your parents there times before but it just didn't work out, whats hold in you back? If its the fact that your parents will categorize all your problems under "hormony teenager" then that's fine, in the beginning. Your going to have to show them that this is aserious issue and its also affecting you physically, and your self harming. Your parents above all want you to be happy and healthy. Keeping your deppression from them will not do that. You also said that your 'almost certain' that you have deppression, because you haven't been clinically diagnosed you don't know that for sure, you may have a different mental illness and thats totally fine, but in order to get one step closer to the cure, your going to need to seek professional help, not help from an app. Seeing a therapist will not only help you get better, but will also legitimise your deppression or whatever illness you have in your parents' eyes. Not that your faking what going on with you, or that your exagerating, but your parents may take the issue more seriously if you were formally diagnosed. In terms of we school counsellor, it may only make you feel worse, as you said you may be followed or someone may see you walking into their office which will only make you feel like you have to lie about why you are really seeing a therapist. So maybe you could go see a therapist outside school be for you tell your parents and then have the therapist help you tell your parents about the problem you are facing. If you can't do that then maybe you could get one of your friends you've already told, or an older brother or sister to help you tell your parents. I think the most important step you need to take is that of tell in your parents. If they know your no longer suffering alone, and you may even stop self harming and your mental illness would be formally diagnosed and you'd be able to start going through recovery.
I know its a long comment but I really hope it helps you decide what step you'll take next. No matter which way you decide to go we''ll always support you. Let me know I you need help or just want to talk to someone.