View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My parents don't give me enough money (trans) - July 16th 2017, 01:54 PM

You can be grateful for what you have while still feeling like you have needs that aren't being met. It may be hard, but try not to compare your own experiences to other people's. Everyone's circumstances and life issues are so varied that it is nearly impossible to get a fair comparison. You're allowed to feel the way you feel and your feelings are certainly significant.

You said that your parents are not supporting your transition and that must be rough. Do you think you could ask them for financial help for college? That way, you won't have to save as much for college and you can save more for your transition. Alternatively, you could ask them for money without telling them what it is for.

Are you still in therapy? If so, maybe you could speak to your therapist about this and ask to have a joint session with your parents so you can tell them how you're feeling. This can be beneficial because your therapist can act as a mediator and you may be able to work some things out with your parents.

You could also consider spending more time with people who respect you and call you by your preferred name so you're around more positivity. And, if your parents' actions around your identity become too much for you, you can always take a step back when you need to.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers