View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Karate SENSI GIVING feeding students bad anxiety - August 21st 2017, 02:27 PM

Unless the sensi was asking those questions (where do you live, mothers name etc) as part of filling in paperwork with contact information, I agree that it was highly unprofessional of him to ask those things, especially the comment regarding someone's height.

It's great that you care for your parents so much, especially seeing as they are paying for the class. But I understand it can be very frustrating when your parents disagree with you because they treat you like a child (it can be difficult for parents to find that balance between giving you more responsibility and talking to you in a mature way, and realising that you are still young). If you don't feel comfortable at that dojo then it may be worth looking around for others that you could go to instead. Then you could mention to your parents that you don't feel comfortable at the dojo and feel the sensi isn't very professional and would prefer someone a bit more serious. But at the same time, would you be okay with staying at that dojo? Since your parents are paying for the classes then it may be difficult to convince them that you'd like to go somewhere else if the next dojo is further away, more expensive etc.,

I understand that when you see martial arts as something that should be taken seriously, it can be very frustrating to see that it's not. But remember that as long as you take martial arts seriously, then what other people do isn't relevant.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer