View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Thoughts on credit cards? - August 22nd 2017, 02:02 PM

I agree with what's been said above. There was a time when I didn't believe in credit cards. I had decided I simply don't want one ever because I don't want to be a slave to debt. Well since then I've realized I can be strategic about if and then it can be beneficial for me and even help me gain financial independence which is what my aim is.
It is a tool to get you to your goal, whether that goal is to build credit or pay for things that you really need like in the medical card situation. If you're dtrategic and intentional about it, as the users above had done for themselves, you're less likely to go wrong with it. There may be emergencies or certain circumstances that push you off course with paying if back but that's with anything. And while I don't believe in capitalism and the way money works, there really aren't any sustainable alternatives right now.

Historically, in the 70s and 80s when corporate service jobs were becoming the main kind of work, the corporations thought it would be cheaper and more convenient or something, to instead of giving the employees a raise in salary, they gave the employees credit cards as a "benefit package" which honestly really hurt a lot of families. The prices of every thing where going up, butthe salary wasnt following in correspindance. I remember I learned this from a documentary, i forget which one but that really stuck with me.

But the fact is that we need the system we have now till we can do better and make a transition where people are in charge of their own economy. Until then credit cards don't necessarily need to be boycotted or seen as the devil.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~