View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Points: 28,923, Level: 24 Points: 28,923, Level: 24 Points: 28,923, Level: 24

Re: Cutting again because I wanted the scars back? - September 20th 2017, 05:09 AM

I'm kind of in the same boat right now so I completely understand. It's hard to see scars/want more and not give into the urge. But I can say from experience that even when it does leave a permanent scar, it's not any easier to quit. It makes it harder for me actually because I always want more, it never feels like enough. And once they have healed you want new ones.

Self harm is an addiction so it always wants to creep into your life again. The reason it gives you a high is because it releases endorphins and they give you a rush. Like the others have said, find something that won't do harm but still gives you a similar feeling of endorphins. Some people exercise, others step out of their comfort zone and do things they normally wouldn't. Another way to get passed urges to want scars is to try delaying the urge, set a timer and say you won't do it within that time. If the urge is still there, set another timer. Keep doing this until the urge passes (which it will). While those timers are on, do something that fully immerses your attention. That's a skill that often really helps me.

If you ever need any help my PM box is always open. You've got this. <3

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.