View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17

Unhappy He goes to my college now - October 7th 2017, 02:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This past wednesday I was walking from the bus stop to my class on my college campus and when I was walking and looking around I saw my abusive ex sitting at a bench. I know he saw me too because while I was walking and staring at him in disbelief he looked in every direction but mines. When I saw him a wave of fear washed over me and I kept walking but all I could feel is fear and all I could think of is how he might get close to me or try talking to me or something, I don't know. I've been having fits of crying on and off since wednesday and I didn't go to any of my classes on thursday because I was really depressed and anxious and afraid of even stepping outside my house. I eventually did go outside because I had to grab some fast food since I didn't have anything at home, and today I went to therapy and the grocery store but that was fine because it wasn't on campus. I'm just afraid to step back on campus again on Monday in case I see him again. I know he won't do me any harm but the irrational (I guess) fear is still there that he might do something or get close to me or pass by me again or something. My therapist said I should get a restraining order against him but I'm afraid there wouldn't be a case for it because the abuse was emotional and sexual and it happened about a year and a half ago so I don't know if there would be a case for it and then at the same time I wouldn't want my mom to find out because I have the fear/idea that if I send that out to his address (I think he still lives with his parents) then his parents will contact either me or my mom and say about it. I'm just overall afraid and I want to do something but it's just not severe enough I feel because even though the sexual assault was an assault (and he admitted to it too, I have proof) I don't think it's super justifiable in court because it was coercion and not explicit non-consent. I don't know much about laws but I fear it may not cover much in court anyways. I don't know what to do because I have to go to class everyday and be on campus and everything but I'm so afraid of bumping into him and seeing him. Just seeing him made me super afraid and I don't get why I just did. What can I do? It's not like I can avoid places he'd be because I don't know where he would be, and I'm scared to do any legal action both because I'm afraid of the retaliation that might happen, and that I won't win the case because it's not substantial enough. Also, the general legal fees and stress I would have to go through with the legal process. My campus is small, like I have one previous boyfriend (who wasn't abusive we just don't talk anymore) who goes here and I see him often and we aren't similar majors or anything. I don't know what to do, can anyone lend advice?

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.