The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17 Points: 14,414, Level: 17

Re: He goes to my college now - October 7th 2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernweh. View Post
I'm sorry you have to face your abuser on campus now. Does your mother know about the abuse, have you told her? If you haven't, I think it's important you do and ask her for her thoughts. It doesn't matter whether or not you explicitly said no or showed resistance when it was happening, it was coercion and you were uncomfortable. That makes it assault. It's important to understand that your emotional and mental thoughts come into play, not just physical and verbal, when an assault is happening.

Maybe you can walk to and from classes with a friend for now, until you figure things out? Do you have any friends going to the same school, or even the same classes as you? Even a friendly acquaintance might be helpful, but then there's the uncomfortable thought of having to get into elaborate details when they ask you why you want them to walk with you to and from class all of a sudden.

You said you already spoke to your therapist about it, so perhaps you can ask them to assist you? I know it can get ridiculously expensive to have to go through the legal proceedings and then it'd all be a waste if the courts reject your request. But it's certainly worth a try!

-JNM
My mom knows about the abuse but not to detail. She's a victim blamer type of thing that even when I told her the bare minimum she kinda asked questions that sounded like she was blaming me for the abuse so I'd rather her not know the exact details.
I have friends here but none of them go to my classes. I have some acquaintances in my class, but they come at different times to class from different directions so it would be hard to get a time or chance to catch one of them as we head to class, but I can look at a chance that I can walk with someone after class. But yeah, I wouldn't want to disclose all that info to someone I barely know.
I would go along with the legal processing but I'm really scared in general. If I was any braver I would, but I'm too scared to go along with it even though I really want to do it. It's just the social repercussions that happen to both feminine presenting people and queer gender non conforming individuals when they go through some legal process of DV is ugly and I really don't want to go through that. Like people have said, they have nothing to gain and everything to lose when reporting abuse.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.