View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47 Points: 108,946, Level: 47

Re: Why is self harm such a joke to people - October 21st 2017, 10:40 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp, we are so glad that you have joined and we're able to say what is going on with you. Great job. Hugs.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this. Sometimes people think it's funny to say mean things about others and it doesn't really bother them when they are doing this. And they don't get why you are so upset about this and I'm sorry that he was like that with you. Other people who don't self harm they do not fully understand why you do this and what you are going through to self harm. And some people may never know or truly understand this. And it's a shame because when you do this its not easy to stop, so having people to help you with this or that you can talk to is very helpful if you are able to do that.
Do you have anymore that you can talk to about this? Friends or family members? When you do feel like you are going to do this you can put on a funny TV show or movie to take you're mind off of this. Also you can go for a walk and put on music. And you can get a rubber band and put it around you're wrist or a hair tie and every time you get the feeling you can snap it to get you're mind off of this feeling.
If you see that guy again and if he says something about this to you or makes a joke about it, try you're best to get upset. Just think about something else if you can. Also do you like to draw or writing? Because both of them can help you too get out you're feelings. I hope that you will be ok soon. Hugs.