View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Desperately want a tattoo - November 10th 2017, 01:25 PM

I've only just turned 17 years old but I've decided I want a tattoo for my 18th birthday. But see, the tattoo I want, I don't know if it's really something you'd want permanently. I've loved the game Bioshock for the longest time, ever since I was about 7 years old (when it came out). It was the first game I'd ever felt a drive to 100% complete and that was really something, my brother and cousins would make me feel bad because I wasn't as good at video games as they were so playing Bioshock gave me that confidence. I also get bullied for being stupid (I have a learning disorder) so being able to figure out a game for myself and without any help made me proud. And I found that whenever I was stressed out or depressed, even when I needed a distraction from cutting, I'd play it for hours because I could just become totally immersed in the in-game universe. So anyway, the tattoo I want is a pretty popular one among fans because the main character has them. It's three chain links horizontally across both wrists. I don't know if that's a good description or not

This is the tattoo on a real person: https://orig00.deviantart.net/8d32/f..._vegetable.jpg

And this is (half of) the tattoo on the character:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100716011617

I think it's okay because they're small tattoos and not too noticeable (I don't want them to stand out too much). But some people who have them say that strangers have asked them if they're Doms or subs, thinking that the tattoo is BDSM-related I guess that doesn't bother me although I think they should really mind their business when it comes to that sort of thing...I don't think it'd cost a lot either because they're smaller and one color. I'm just worried that I'm going to regret it. I really don't think I will but I still have a tiny bit of doubt. But is that normal? I just don't know if loving a video game really 'justifies' getting a tattoo...