TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount27

Edit avatar

Desperately want a tattoo - November 10th 2017, 01:25 PM

I've only just turned 17 years old but I've decided I want a tattoo for my 18th birthday. But see, the tattoo I want, I don't know if it's really something you'd want permanently. I've loved the game Bioshock for the longest time, ever since I was about 7 years old (when it came out). It was the first game I'd ever felt a drive to 100% complete and that was really something, my brother and cousins would make me feel bad because I wasn't as good at video games as they were so playing Bioshock gave me that confidence. I also get bullied for being stupid (I have a learning disorder) so being able to figure out a game for myself and without any help made me proud. And I found that whenever I was stressed out or depressed, even when I needed a distraction from cutting, I'd play it for hours because I could just become totally immersed in the in-game universe. So anyway, the tattoo I want is a pretty popular one among fans because the main character has them. It's three chain links horizontally across both wrists. I don't know if that's a good description or not

This is the tattoo on a real person: https://orig00.deviantart.net/8d32/f..._vegetable.jpg

And this is (half of) the tattoo on the character:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100716011617

I think it's okay because they're small tattoos and not too noticeable (I don't want them to stand out too much). But some people who have them say that strangers have asked them if they're Doms or subs, thinking that the tattoo is BDSM-related I guess that doesn't bother me although I think they should really mind their business when it comes to that sort of thing...I don't think it'd cost a lot either because they're smaller and one color. I'm just worried that I'm going to regret it. I really don't think I will but I still have a tiny bit of doubt. But is that normal? I just don't know if loving a video game really 'justifies' getting a tattoo...
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 14,234, Level: 17 Points: 14,234, Level: 17 Points: 14,234, Level: 17

Re: Desperately want a tattoo - November 11th 2017, 12:24 AM

Hey there,
So I'm a bit on the conservative side with tattoos and I say get a tattoo if it means something. Getting a tattoo because you want one isn't a great idea. I get you've liked BioShock since you were 7, but really, when you're 35 what if you fall in love with another game? Also, think about where you're getting it, because it can affect your future career choices etc.
I would suggest waiting a bit on the tattoo. If you absolutely want a tattoo like that, maybe make it a bit more generic, like gaming over BioShock. I personally know people who got lyrics of songs they loved since they were kids and now they don't like them that much. You will change over time, so I would really push you to think about it long and hard.
Small tattoos can sometimes cost a decent amount depending on location and detail. From the image you've attached I wouldn't expect it to be crazy expensive but costs depend on the artist and parlour. A good quote on that is "Tattoos are art. You get what you pay for", so please don't cut corners by going to a shady joint.
Also, just something I want to point out. If you're not completely sure of your tattoo idea atm, are you sure you'd be able to live with it in the future. And the design/colour I'm seeing may be hard to cover up (whether with tattoos or clothing).
End of the day it is, of course, your choice. I hope I didn't come off as attacking, because that was not my intention. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do, and feel free to PM me if you want to talk about tattoos (I have one atm).

Cheers
Tort
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29 Points: 41,173, Level: 29

Re: Desperately want a tattoo - November 11th 2017, 08:25 AM

Hey there.

I’m of the viewpoint that you should get a tattoo if it means something you and only if you’re sure that it’s something that you will still like when you’re older.

I did a quick google search for “temporary bio shock chain tattoos” and found some temporary tattoos of the bioshock chain that you should consider ordering. I would highly recommend trying those out for a little bit to make sure you like it and it’s something that you actually like since a tattoo is permanent and on your wrists which is a hard place to cover for future jobs for example.

Before you get a tattoo, research. Research the various parlours in your area and look at their portfolios. Read the reviews from other customers and check out the shop in person to meet the artists, check out the work that’s on display and most importantly? Make sure that it’s clean.

Make sure you talk to the artist that you’ve selected and ask their opinions because they know what they’re doing. They might make suggestions about the placement of the tattoo, colour, or size for example.

Also, think about the placement of the tattoo and the colour. If it’s darker, it’s going to be harder to cover it up if need be. For example, I have a small infinity on my right heel and tiny heart on my left foot near my ankle. I did them in those locations so that they were easy to conceal and they aren’t seen unless I want them to be.

I hope this helped! I don’t want to be a downer but I think it’s important that you’re 110% sure that the tattoo is something that you really, really want and will be okay with having when you’re middle aged or elderly.

Take care!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
caterina123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caterina Smith

Points: 3,230, Level: 8 Points: 3,230, Level: 8 Points: 3,230, Level: 8

Re: Desperately want a tattoo - November 14th 2017, 07:11 AM

I want tattoo with space)
Closed Thread