View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Not sure if this is the right place... does weed react badly with opiods? - November 18th 2017, 04:18 PM

Hello there,

I am unable to give medical advice as TeenHelp isn't a medical team but are volunteers and peers.

If you are taking an opiod for pain, did the doctor talk to you or the pharmacist about medication reactions? I know I have been asked if I smoke weed when I was given pain medication. There is a reason for this as some things do react, but I am unsure what would react to what. The purpose of them asking is because they can help you to ensure you are taking the medication safely.

I would also recommend calling your pharmacy or your doctor to ask them. A pharmacy would know more as they are trained in knowing which medications react or interfere.

On TeenHelp we have a resources page where you can find some helpful information, I found something that I thought could be helpful for you:

Erowid
This site contains a vast network of information on countless drugs including the effects, doses, health issues, legal issues, images, and the chemical structure of drugs, as well as experiences from those who have used the drug.

I know this isn't an answer you were looking for, but I recommend you calling a pharmacy to ask them as they are trained and know a lot about medication.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.