View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Who can i confide in about my self harm? - January 21st 2018, 06:21 AM

I think you can tell either. I know that I already gave you some advice on the counsellor on the other thread so I would just like to reiterate that it is likely that you counselor has had training in this type of subject, so they will probably be able to be really helpful in giving you ways to deal with or solve triggers, as well as giving you alternatives. You also have already been talking to them about other things, so it seems to me as if this will help you expand on everything and get the most out of your sessions. They definitely seem to be someone you can trust.

Your friend also seems like a very good idea because they already know a bit about some of the things that are going on in your life. They seem to care a lot and genuinely be concerned for your happiness and health, and also just want to be there for you as a friend. She may not be able to help in the same way a counselor does, but she can still be someone you turn to and confide in when you need someone to talk to, so it may be a good idea.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive