View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Will Praying to move work? - February 12th 2018, 05:09 AM

I believe in the power of prayer. Part of this is envisioning where you want to be, which honestly the Law of Attraction, Vision Board, meditation are similar options. Affirmations, mantras, improving one's character, doing self care and practicing assertive skills, increasing self-awareness and having a strong sense of who you are, positive self-talk can help too. But the appeal about prayer has to do with believing in a higher power.
Whichever you choose to do, or combine these, it is still important to take direct steps towards your goal. Maybe direct isn't the right word but I'm lacking a better word for it. No what was mentioned above are all wonderful things to practice on. But I am talking about how to get from point A to point B. The things mentioned above are more personal growth/spirituality related and definitely important. But it is about integrating the skills that give us motivation, empowerment and passion with the skills that give us the details of how to get there; the skillset that involves organizing, planning, decision making, time management.

All the things mentioned in the first part, can kind of be thought of as life skills or lifestyle choices and are great for overall quality of life. But it does not address the logistical part of getting the goal done. For example, researching where you'd want to go. List your priorities of what you want in a location. Network with friends or family who may be living there and ask them questions (if possible, I know this may or may not be doable but I'm just putting it out there as an idea), even if possible, visit the place yourself a few times. Learn about not only the state you want to move to but the specific city or town you choose. Because there are state pros and cons and there are local area pros and cons and it may be different. Try to think of the full range of possibilities. Such as the pros and cons of moving there and the pros and cons of not moving there. If applicable (I learned to do the two-way pros and cons from DBT and it may not be applicable but if it makes sense, go for it)

If it's okay with you, I'd like to keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. I know we don't know each other and I'm like a stranger. But I feel with you and wish you the best in achieving your goals.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~