View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Boyfriend wants to sleep with other people - March 12th 2018, 04:54 AM

Hey there,

Quote:
Honestly, this is a really crappy situation, and I'm sorry you're in it. It sounds like he wants the benefit of being with anyone he wants to be with without allowing you the same courtesy out of a sense of possessiveness; he doesn't want to be "tethered," but he wants you to be, and that's simply not fair.
I agree with this, completely. If he wants to explore non-monogamous situation than he has to be willing to make concession and give you the same courtesy. If he is choosing not to give you that choice than he is being possessive and is not being fair to you.

Honestly, there are couples who start out monogamous and decide to explore non-monogamy. There are reasons as to why they try this but I don't think it can work if both people are not thrilled about the idea and if both people are not willing to be equal/fair. There are people who can explore the relationships in a healthy manner but this doesn't sound healthy because he is basically saying that you can't sleep with guys which tend to be who you are primarily attracted to and that means that you don't really get to explore it to the extent he would etc.

I can't say whether he is wrong. I do see some red flags such as him calling you fat. If he is truly concerned about your health their are better ways to approach the topic.

You admit that you don't want to be non-monogamous and it seems like he doesn't want to commit. I don't think anyone can tell you how to proceed but you have to consider what you want and what is best for yourself. If you want a monogamous relationship than he probably is not the best person to look for that from. I think you are the one who is going to have to decide how you want to proceed.