Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Telling a newly met person about cutting - June 16th 2018, 10:05 PM

Hello everyone.

I went on a few-days-trip and I met a guy there whom I instantly got on well with. We basically spent these four days together and I'm not sure whether I like him or not, but that's a different story.
Today we met for a walk and a coffee. We talked about tattoos and other body modifications and he said that he was put off by people who cut. I asked him why and he answered that he hated the sight of blood.
It theoretically sounds logical, but when I heard it I really felt awful.
I was embarassed by my scars (they're not visible anymore, at least not until someone tries to watch my wrists carefully...). At that moment I really felt like spontaneously showing him my scars and saying that different people cut for different reasons.
I fought down that impulse. I thought it might scare him or something. After all, we've known each other for only a week...

Do you think it's too early to open up and tell such a person about cutting? I told my best friend about two years after I had started cutting, so if I told that guy from the trip now, I guess I'd feel a bit weird. I don't know anymore.

Thanks.
Sue

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM