View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Telling a newly met person about cutting - June 17th 2018, 03:55 AM

Hey,

I think "too early" depends on your own comfort level. Some people like waiting until they really know someone to tell them because they aren't sure how they will react. Some people are open to telling anyone about it to educate them. And some people just don't talk about it at all. So I think whether or not it's "too early" depends on how you would feel if he reacts poorly since you don't really know him too well, and your general comfort level.

If you do want to tell him, maybe you can let him know that you were thinking about the conversation and aren't mad at him, but you wanted to give him a different perspective on things so he can get a better understanding about what self harm is. Then be honest and explain. If you're comfortable with him asking questions you can let him know this as well.

If you decide not to tell him though I wouldn't feel bad about it. While it can be nice to change someone's perspective on something, your comfort and personal safety are important as well. So, if you think about it and decide you're not comfortable, it's very okay!

If you do tell him, I wish you the best of luck!
-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive