~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: I hate going to school and need advice. - September 19th 2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvisss View Post
Why not to take a rest from school? Take a fake sick paper and do what you love to do for a while. Travel somewhere or don't get up from your couch. I had a similar problem and my solution was travelling to Florida for 2 months.

I wasn't worrying about classes beecause I built up a strategy. One guy was covering me by doing my homework. I felt refreshed and well-rested when I came back. Anxiety gone and I never felt it again. Maybe you just need to recharge yourself.
Resting can be helpful but it's best to do this with help from the school. The OP can talk to their teachers and get a medical note from the doctor to explain they are depressed and anxious and perhaps the school can allow them time off, though they will need to catch up on work. Faking a sick note and getting others to cover for you will only lead to more trouble, especially since in some countries skipping school is an offence that parents have to pay for.

School can create some stress and anxiety, but sometimes it's not as simple as being able to take a break or a holiday to 'cure' the anxiety. Resting is important but it's also important to take small steps to overcome the anxiety as well, and not just avoid it and hope it goes away.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer