(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: College Admission fears - October 2nd 2018, 05:59 PM

Personally, I think your grades are very good, even if you struggle and had to put a lot of had work to achieve these grades.

While I'm not familiar with your education system, I am aware that in general, there is a lot of pressure if you are in a private academy and are aiming for a prestigious college.

When you have to spend so much time studying, it can easily seem like you have no time for anything else. Are there any volunteering opportunities that you could do that don't have a huge time commitment? Perhaps you can do something every couple of weeks, or just once a month? Or look for online volunteering opportunities that you can do when you do have the time. It's not so much about quantity than it is quality of experiences. You might also want to talk to parents, friends and teachers and see if they can help you to find something that can fit in around your studies.

Grades and prestige aside, I'm wondering what it is you want to do? What are you interested in? What career path do you want to go into? Perhaps instead of thinking about what you need to get into certain colleges, maybe you can think about what you need to get onto the courses that you want to do? Being able to show your enthusiasm for what you want to do may help.

Remember, it's not the end of the world with college applications. Even if, worst case scenario, you didn't get into a college, you can always take a year out and build up experiences that you feel you missed out on.

Lastly, with all the studying, trying to fit in extra-curricular things and the stress of college applications, I hope that you can find some time for yourself to relax!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer