View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DisneyGirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,340, Level: 11 Points: 6,340, Level: 11 Points: 6,340, Level: 11

Will I get kicked out of college?? - October 19th 2018, 12:04 PM

Hey guys. I’m 18 and this is my first year at a 2 year junior college. I’m absolutely terrified right now. I turned in my English paper which was worth 200 points. We only have 3 essays through this semester. On the first one I got a 145/150. On this one I had worked through it and was rushing to submit it. after I submitted it I felt so much better. 2 days later I just woke up in the middle of the night and realized that although I put quotes around everything I gathered from the articles with the author’s names, I completely forgot to add a work cited page!! My teacher is very strict on this and told us from the beginning that it’s the most important page and that without it we have committed plagiarism. I only have that class once a week and we are meeting today and I am absolutely terrified that I’m going to get kicked out of college or something! She hasn’t looked into my essay yet as it is not graded, but I’m terrified to even email her about this matter. I tried to see if I could resubmit it as I added the work cited page now in the google doc, but it is too late. It was incredibly careless of me and I know that I may have to retake this class now. I’m so scared of how disappointed my boyfriend and parents are going to be in me... I don’t even want to tell them that this has happened. I’m so embarrassed and my boyfriend’s parents are big on college and will greatly frown down upon me that I could have let this happen. I’m in tears and don’t know what to do.