Thread: Parents
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount40

Edit avatar

Re: Parents - November 14th 2018, 08:58 PM

Hey there, I think it's great you're being financially responsible. This does not mean never spending any money, but rather budgeting what you have and setting aside a designated amount for spending while still keeping money in your bank account. There is absolutely nothing wrong with treating yourself.

With that being said, I can understand why your parents are upset. When I treat myself, I do it sporadically; such as, once every few months or so. I don't treat myself to a huge amount (or multiple purchases) at one time. But this is because I have such a tight budget and I really do have to watch what I spend per month. So it takes several months for it to build up to an amount I am satisfied with. For you, you might have more lee-way in your bank account and are able to spend more at once.

The best thing you can do is sit down with your parents and talk to them. Perhaps plan out a budget whether that be in an Excel document or on paper, and present it to them. Prove to them how you are being financially responsible.