(#3 (permalink)) Old
DysfunctionallyFunctional Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexi

Points: 2,753, Level: 7 Points: 2,753, Level: 7 Points: 2,753, Level: 7

Re: Parents - November 14th 2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathe and Believe View Post
Why do my parents get ticked off whenever I want to treat myself? Like this weekend, I bought a new record player, record, and build a bear because I didn't have any bills coming out of this paycheck and I already have some money saved for a car, and I always offer to help my parents when they need money; so why? I'm being very responsible about it, I made sure everything was paid and I still put back an amount for a new car. I also got everything on sale so it's not like I got crazy. I have a good job now, working towards a new car and a place for myself, so why are they being like this?
It seems like you have a great head on your shoulders and a financially responsible and you are also an adult yourself. I don't understand why parents have to gripe about things for the sake of griping. Why couldn't couldn't they congratulate you for being financially responsible in getting those other things secure before going out and buying things for yourself. Sometimes you just have to put things past you and move on I guess. I also agree talking with them would be a good start. You have an advantage over someone like me because you are an adult and I am a kid.