View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: That first semester of college didn’t go as planned... - January 4th 2019, 07:32 PM

The first semester of college is terrible for a lot of us. Personally, I failed 2 courses in my first semester, along with a few other terrible grades. It was a collossal shit show, to put it mildly. It gets better though.

First of all, I would recommend going to your schools counselling centre, if there is one. It might help with your low energy and concentration issues, which is symptomatic of depression. If necessary, follow up with a doctor as well to rule out any other health issues.

Second, see if there are any study programs, tutoring programs, or other academic services that you can access to help you in that avenue.

I'm sorry that you also miss your high school friends. This happened to me too since I moved super far away and lots of those people just stopped communicating with me. It sucked when I'd reach out via facebook or texting and they just wouldn't answer. It stings knowing that you value the friendship more than they do. However, once you start making new friends, this gets better as well. There's no one way to make new friends because you're you and I'm me and you need to settle on activities that work for your life, but you'll also likely start making friends in your classes, at your job (if you have one) etc.

Things will get better, that's really the only thing I feel I can leave you with. Just be proactive wit the academic and counselling services.