View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: I feel like my parents are tired of me. - February 5th 2019, 11:43 AM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through! That sounds really hard. It's perfectly normal to be confused about your career path at your age, and I agree that it's important that you have support during this time. I'm sorry that your parents are being so dismissive of what you're going through - it sounds like you're struggling with a lot right now.

Is there someone at school that you could possibly reach out to? Guidance counselors are there to help you identify career options and discuss plans for university, and I'd imagine they'd also be happy to talk with you about what's going on at home. Your school might even have a psychologist on staff that you could talk to; I know you said that there's a long wait list in your country for mental health care, so that could be a good option. You could also reach out to a teacher you feel comfortable with and let them know what's going on.

I urge you to try talking to someone instead of running away. So many things can happen when a young person goes off on their own, and we don't want anything to happen to you. Please know that you have options and that there are people who want to help. Reaching out to us here is a great first step!

I hope you're doing okay. Please take care.

Last edited by DeletedAccount57; February 7th 2019 at 10:28 AM.