View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca110109 View Post
i was raped a few weeks ago. since then things have changed. it feels like my anti-depressants dont work anymore, everything tastes different, i never feel hungry, i feel like ive gained a thousand kilos, i cant get clean no matter how much i scrub and shower im hating this. please help!
Hi Rebecca!!

I am so very sorry to hear that you were raped. What an awful thing to happen. And I'm also sorry to hear of how things have changed for you as a result of that offense. But do you want to know something? The reason you feel as though you can't get clean no matter how much you scrub and shower is because you're trying to get rid of something that isn't there. YOU are not the one who is now 'unclean'. Being raped didn't make YOU 'dirty'. In fact - YOU are just as clean NOW as you were BEFORE you were raped. The only person who is 'unclean' is the one who raped you. He violated your body - that's true. But he didn't violate YOU. Your value and your worth hasn't changed AT ALL. You are just as special and just as precious TODAY as you were BEFORE you were raped. And there was nothing that person could have done to you to change that. Being raped is a horrible thing. It throws people completely off balance. It's no wonder then that those who have been raped find it very difficult to feel 'normal' and 'like their old self'. Everything seems different. As it does for you. And it's going to be that way for awhile. But do yourself a favour. Anytime and every time you start to feel 'less than' or 'unclean' - say OUT LOUD, "I am NOT going to burden myself with those LIES! I was the VICTIM of someone ELSE'S decision to do something horribly wrong. I have NOT become 'less than' BECAUSE of THEIR decision. I'm going to be fine. It's just going to take some time!!"

GBH - Craig!!