TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

Points: 13,828, Level: 17 Points: 13,828, Level: 17 Points: 13,828, Level: 17

after rape - May 7th 2009, 01:57 AM

i was raped a few weeks ago. since then things have changed. it feels like my anti-depressants dont work anymore, everything tastes different, i never feel hungry, i feel like ive gained a thousand kilos, i cant get clean no matter how much i scrub and shower im hating this. please help!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ariel Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ariel

Points: 10,568, Level: 15 Points: 10,568, Level: 15 Points: 10,568, Level: 15

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 02:15 AM

I am so sorry this happend to you have you talked to any friends or family?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Points: 12,230, Level: 16 Points: 12,230, Level: 16 Points: 12,230, Level: 16

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 02:16 AM

lisin i have no idea wut it feels like but u haf to find someone that will help u and be thar for u wen u ned to talk to protect u cep u saf from doing eny thang stupid just try to liv life like u did befor thangs will get beter and yes this may hant u for yers and i no it hurts but it is the truth

the girl of my drems had left me and i hav trid to kill myself becus the pan is so unbaribl but i am sloly strugling thru and i hav my frends to kep me frum hurting myself and i hop that we can both mack it thru thys hard times and im shur we will but it will be a long hard jurny and i will be her if u ned to talk to me
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
killing-myself Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,626, Level: 15 Points: 10,626, Level: 15 Points: 10,626, Level: 15

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 03:44 AM

Rebecca
i am sorry to hear this happened to you. but i have to say you should go talk to someone so you can vent. or talk to your therapist. and then tell the police. and i am here for you if you need someone to talk to about this. i dont know your pain but ill try my best to help you.
you will be in my prayers tonight

"your story is important, your life matters, you are not the only one who hurts your not the only one with questions, your not the only one who dreams, you are not alone, every person in this room, every person who stands on that stage: we are all people in need, people need people, we probably dont have to convince you that pain is real, but in the face of that, we want you ro know that hope is real and that help is real," quote from the Heavy and light intro video.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 13,167, Level: 16 Points: 13,167, Level: 16 Points: 13,167, Level: 16

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 03:52 AM

Hey Rebecca, I am so sorry this happened to you hun. No one deserves to be violated or hurt in this way. Have you gotten checked out by a doctor yet or told anyone about this? If not I really think you should do both. You want to make sure your okay physically and didn't contract anything and you really need support during this time.

I'm sorry your feeling dirty hun, but remember this was NOT your fault and you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of or feel dirty about. What happened to you was a horrible crime, but that does not mean there is anything wrong with you. All the blame lies with the person who hurt you.

As for the anti-depressants not working, you should definitely talk to your therapist or whomever prescribed them for you. They may be able to change your dose or give you something different. You should also talk to them about what happened hun. You need support to get through this. You deserve support.

I hope your okay right now and please pm me if your need anything.
<3 emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
_serendipity_ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Heather

Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 08:22 AM

You should talk to a therapist.
They can adjust the meds. And it may help to be able to talk to someone about what happened.
And if you haven't already, go to the hospital and get checked for STD's
Huge hugs to you and good luck.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28 Points: 38,245, Level: 28

Re: after rape - May 7th 2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca110109 View Post
i was raped a few weeks ago. since then things have changed. it feels like my anti-depressants dont work anymore, everything tastes different, i never feel hungry, i feel like ive gained a thousand kilos, i cant get clean no matter how much i scrub and shower im hating this. please help!
Hi Rebecca!!

I am so very sorry to hear that you were raped. What an awful thing to happen. And I'm also sorry to hear of how things have changed for you as a result of that offense. But do you want to know something? The reason you feel as though you can't get clean no matter how much you scrub and shower is because you're trying to get rid of something that isn't there. YOU are not the one who is now 'unclean'. Being raped didn't make YOU 'dirty'. In fact - YOU are just as clean NOW as you were BEFORE you were raped. The only person who is 'unclean' is the one who raped you. He violated your body - that's true. But he didn't violate YOU. Your value and your worth hasn't changed AT ALL. You are just as special and just as precious TODAY as you were BEFORE you were raped. And there was nothing that person could have done to you to change that. Being raped is a horrible thing. It throws people completely off balance. It's no wonder then that those who have been raped find it very difficult to feel 'normal' and 'like their old self'. Everything seems different. As it does for you. And it's going to be that way for awhile. But do yourself a favour. Anytime and every time you start to feel 'less than' or 'unclean' - say OUT LOUD, "I am NOT going to burden myself with those LIES! I was the VICTIM of someone ELSE'S decision to do something horribly wrong. I have NOT become 'less than' BECAUSE of THEIR decision. I'm going to be fine. It's just going to take some time!!"

GBH - Craig!!
Closed Thread