TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   after rape (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t13456-after-rape/)

rebecca110109 May 7th 2009 01:57 AM

after rape

i was raped a few weeks ago. since then things have changed. it feels like my anti-depressants dont work anymore, everything tastes different, i never feel hungry, i feel like ive gained a thousand kilos, i cant get clean no matter how much i scrub and shower :( im hating this. please help!

Ariel May 7th 2009 02:15 AM

Re: after rape

I am so sorry this happend to you have you talked to any friends or family?

xyzman May 7th 2009 02:16 AM

lisin i have no idea wut it feels like but u haf to find someone that will help u and be thar for u wen u ned to talk to protect u cep u saf from doing eny thang stupid just try to liv life like u did befor thangs will get beter and yes this may hant u for yers and i no it hurts but it is the truth

the girl of my drems had left me and i hav trid to kill myself becus the pan is so unbaribl but i am sloly strugling thru and i hav my frends to kep me frum hurting myself and i hop that we can both mack it thru thys hard times and im shur we will but it will be a long hard jurny and i will be her if u ned to talk to me:smile

killing-myself May 7th 2009 03:44 AM

Rebecca
i am sorry to hear this happened to you. but i have to say you should go talk to someone so you can vent. or talk to your therapist. and then tell the police. and i am here for you if you need someone to talk to about this. i dont know your pain but ill try my best to help you.
you will be in my prayers tonight

Emily. May 7th 2009 03:52 AM

Hey Rebecca, I am so sorry this happened to you hun. No one deserves to be violated or hurt in this way. Have you gotten checked out by a doctor yet or told anyone about this? If not I really think you should do both. You want to make sure your okay physically and didn't contract anything and you really need support during this time.

I'm sorry your feeling dirty hun, but remember this was NOT your fault and you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of or feel dirty about. What happened to you was a horrible crime, but that does not mean there is anything wrong with you. All the blame lies with the person who hurt you.

As for the anti-depressants not working, you should definitely talk to your therapist or whomever prescribed them for you. They may be able to change your dose or give you something different. You should also talk to them about what happened hun. You need support to get through this. You deserve support.

I hope your okay right now and please pm me if your need anything.
<3 emily

_serendipity_ May 7th 2009 08:22 AM

You should talk to a therapist.
They can adjust the meds. And it may help to be able to talk to someone about what happened.
And if you haven't already, go to the hospital and get checked for STD's
Huge hugs to you and good luck.

CanadaCraig May 7th 2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca110109 (Post 134091)
i was raped a few weeks ago. since then things have changed. it feels like my anti-depressants dont work anymore, everything tastes different, i never feel hungry, i feel like ive gained a thousand kilos, i cant get clean no matter how much i scrub and shower :( im hating this. please help!

Hi Rebecca!! :smile

I am so very sorry to hear that you were raped. What an awful thing to happen. And I'm also sorry to hear of how things have changed for you as a result of that offense. But do you want to know something? The reason you feel as though you can't get clean no matter how much you scrub and shower is because you're trying to get rid of something that isn't there. YOU are not the one who is now 'unclean'. Being raped didn't make YOU 'dirty'. In fact - YOU are just as clean NOW as you were BEFORE you were raped. The only person who is 'unclean' is the one who raped you. He violated your body - that's true. But he didn't violate YOU. Your value and your worth hasn't changed AT ALL. You are just as special and just as precious TODAY as you were BEFORE you were raped. And there was nothing that person could have done to you to change that. Being raped is a horrible thing. It throws people completely off balance. It's no wonder then that those who have been raped find it very difficult to feel 'normal' and 'like their old self'. Everything seems different. As it does for you. And it's going to be that way for awhile. But do yourself a favour. Anytime and every time you start to feel 'less than' or 'unclean' - say OUT LOUD, "I am NOT going to burden myself with those LIES! I was the VICTIM of someone ELSE'S decision to do something horribly wrong. I have NOT become 'less than' BECAUSE of THEIR decision. I'm going to be fine. It's just going to take some time!!"

GBH - Craig!! :smile