View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: the one thing I don't like about men - November 17th 2019, 04:20 PM

First of all, let me address what you say at the beginning of your post. You say what you've gone through is barely a pin-drop in comparison to the trauma others have gone through. This is an absolute BS statement. As Cynefin said, everyone has different experiences and what traumatizes us—no matter how "big" or "little" it may seem—is still valid no matter what. What you've gone through is just as valid as anything else because it has upest and traumatized you. Stop comparing your trauma and experiences to other; you're only hurting yourself.

I think Cynefin and Jordan have already given good advice and ideas. I want to say that I've never gone to any sort of unpredictable crowd gathering—such as a mosh pit—for that exact reason. When you're surrounded by hundreds of people in such a crowded space, lots of noise and commotion, you have no idea what's going to happen when. I think if you do want to go to a concert again, go with some friends and have a safe/code word to use when you are feeling uncomfortable. That way, you can all withdraw until the moment passes. You might miss important moments or a song you love, but you and your mental well-being matters more.

The next time someone is creeping on you at the gym or wants to take a picture, I suggest reporting it to the manager or whoever is working there at the time. Unfortunately, we live in a world where women—even those under the age of consent—are objectified by men who have no respect for the opposite sex. What you can do is stand up for yourself, speak up for others, and advocate for the women in your life including yourself. No woman should have to stop doing something they love because men can't control themselves.

Best of luck, feel free to reach out again if you need to.