(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Happy holidays from TeenHelp! - January 9th 2020, 07:59 PM

I think the main community that I feel connected to is TeenHelp. It's familiar and friendly. Understanding and supportive. Non-judgemental. Everything I look for in a community really. I've really grown a lot over the years I have dedicated to TeenHelp. I used to be so anxious about talking/posting online, and I'd worry about others would think and say....I never felt connected to others in school, and had never joined in with other online communities at that point in time. Now, I love giving back what I can to TeenHelp in the way that I was made to feel when I went looking for support <3

Communities in general, I look for understanding and acceptance. On social media I join groups or follow people, often relating to mental health and more recently, autism/aspergers. Some times there is drama, and though I'm definitely not invested in any of the groups (I don't comment on things) I do still feel connected when others have shared similar experiences and feelings.

And like Sarah, I don't feel connected to my local community either for the same reasons

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1347800 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!