View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59

Re: Coming out to my dad - April 11th 2020, 02:47 AM

Hi,

It's great that you think your dad will take it well! That is definitely a good start.

One way to come out is through a letter that you either hand to him or leave where he can see it. I do that sometimes when I am trying to tell someone something difficult. That way, everything I want to say is already said without interruptions or nerves getting in the way. So, it might start out with saying that you are bisexual and you would really appreciate his support. If you don't think he will know what bisexual is, it could help to explain it. If you are open to receiving questions from him, tell him in the letter that you're willing to do so (or that you're not comfortable with it). An alternative to a physical letter could be an email or text message.

If you'd rather tell him verbally, maybe you can write an outline of what you would say to him so you have something to read off of and don't have to think of all the points in the moment?

Do you think your mom would help you come out to him somehow or have suggestions, since she knows what his personality is like?

Good luck!!
Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.