View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: I feel like my anxiety disorder is making my teenage years go by. - May 24th 2020, 10:12 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you have struggled a lot with social anxiety- to the point of it being recommended that you temporarily withdraw from school due to the affect the anxiety was having on your grades and wellbeing. It must've been awful dealing with an eating disorder too, although I'm glad that you were getting help from therapists to help with the eating disorder and social anxiety. I hope you found it helpful.

I'm glad to hear that you have found a suitable school, although I understanding that transferring already part way into the school term may make it more difficult to make friends when classmates already know each other. Is there anyone that you would like to get to know better, or anyone that you think you may have similar interests with? Or have you checked out what extra curricular activities the school might offer that you might be interested in? Identifying people and hobbies that you might be interested in can help as you can try to approach these things and not let your anxiety get in the way. I understand feeling anxious about what others think, but most of the time, people are wrapped up in their own worries and thoughts and may not be judging you at all. And even if there are those that judge, they shouldn't treat you differently- if they do, that's on them, not you.

If things aren't working out for you, then you could always try to talking to your teachers or school counsellor. You've done well getting back into education, don't let the anxiety prevent you from doings things that you want to do!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer