(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Anxiety and medication - June 7th 2020, 09:53 PM

Oh that must be awful being paranoid about being broken into and being killed. I definitely understand why you wouldn't be able to sleep like that. I also understand why you'd want to keep a weapon with you as well. Paranoia must feel pretty real and intense for you to feel you need something for safety. Are there other things you could try to do to manage the paranoia? Maybe try keep reminding yourself that no-one is going to hurt you and it's just the paranoia. I know it must feel pretty intense and maybe the suggestion might not help much but it is good to keep in mind that no matter how intense thoughts and feelings might be, they aren't necessarily a reflection of reality.

Anxiety can feel pretty paralysing at times too. Would it help at all if you called your therapist or casework and arrange a future date for them to help you call the office? They can then know when to check in with you, and if you don't feel up to it at that point, then maybe arrange a different date.

Glad to hear you have a bit of a routine and that you spend some time with your roommate

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer