HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,306, Level: 23 Points: 27,306, Level: 23 Points: 27,306, Level: 23

Re: Money - August 2nd 2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a tough time at the moment. It's hard when family members spend more than intended and to have so little money at the end of it all. Could you possibly talk to your parents about how it made you feel? It may be a difficult conversation to have but I feel like both you and your parents will be able to have a weight lifted off your chest.
Well, the things is I have talked to them and they say they feel bad for doing it and that they'll help me later but they cannot help me if they cannot help themselves, you know? And they said it's hard for them to ask me for stuff, more so because I always "stick it up in their faces". I always remind them that they took money off of me because I want them to know how much I'm giving up for them, and when I do spend money on myself they get angry because they said instead of doing that I could have helped them. Excuse me for wanting to treat myself every once in a while. As long as I pay my bills and help them out a little bit, what does it matter? They're trying to guilt trip me.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer