View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ayyyitsmaddie15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: maddie

Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7

Re: Should i let my boyfriend have a girl best friend? - August 27th 2020, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Honestly, you can't "let" your boyfriend have anything, when all is said and done. The notion of needing permission for something from your partner denotes a sense of possession and control and that is not healthy in relationships of any kind. Your boyfriend is his own person. He can choose who he spends time with. In the end, people make their own choices, and we decide whether those choices are acceptable to us and adjust our responses accordingly.

I understand why you'd be hesitant, especially because you are so reticent around guys. But did your boyfriend ask you to do that, or is this just something you've done yourself? If your boyfriend asked you to do that that's really controlling and unhealthy behavior. But if it's just something you started doing on your own it's unfair to expect your boyfriend to do the same unless you've talked about it.

In the end, it's okay to have friends of the opposite sex. Media makes it a myth that your partner will automatically cheat on you. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and maybe talk to him about your concerns.

I know i know ive been trying to work on myself and i trus him but ive had ex keep me a secret from their bsf but im slowly trying to be better i got a good job going , im playing volleyball and he is basiclly my tutor and hes amazing i completly trust him but i know im prob over reacting/ sorry bad grammer sprained thumb