(#1 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

CPTSD workbook - October 9th 2020, 06:34 PM

Hey,

Has anyone worked on the CPTSD workbook by Arielle Schwartz and found it helpful? I am having a difficult time doing it because it makes me feel alone after and craving connection. And it is also hard for me to keep doing it when I know that opening up makes it harder to close so that I can function and go to work.

I would be interested in a doing it alongside a small group with opportunity to support one another. We can have intention and reflection questions to try to start and end on a positive note like something you're grateful for or a goal you have or 1 self care commitment for the week you set for yourself. I also have a book of affirmations we can use to help us close out the session.

I haven't found any support groups that say in its description that it focuses on this. And right now attending a support group is out of my budget/time based on the ones I looked into. So I decided to try and make my own that is free/peer based and at a time that works better with my schedule (like maybe 1x a month instead of every week. This is something we can definitely discuss)

I do happen to work long hours but if anyone is interested, I would make a small group and we can perhaps arrange a virtual time to go to the chat. I would say no more than 5 people including myself but it isn't a hard time because I'm still experimenting.

If you are interested, please PM me.