NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: CPTSD workbook - October 16th 2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
I've not worked through that CPTSD workbook but I do like your idea of a support group. It can be difficult when you want to talk to someone and yet feel alone to do so. I do agree with maybe checking in with Robin though as I understand it can sometimes be difficult when discussing traumas and ensuring the safety of all members.

I'd be curious about the group if it went ahead, however, I cannot guarantee that I would take part as I am not sure whether it would suit my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
I do have a couple questions to ask before I can go ahead and answer anything myself.

- This support group, will it be within the TeenHelp community?

- Where will this support group take place? On TeenHelp or elsewhere?
- Will whatever we share in the group be kept confidential?

I think it might be a good idea that if you do plan to involve just the TeenHelp community, to reach out to Robin and ask her for permission first. I feel like this would fall under the realm of "research and study" but not quite.

In one way, I like this idea of having a CPTSD group only for TeenHelp users; at the same time, it might be too upsetting for some of us. I won't say much, but I've had to stop reading a few blogs because they were too triggering for me. It's nothing against them; everyone's experiences are valid to them and their trauma are their own, but some people may not be able to stomach it.
Thank you Meloncholia and Celyn. I am realizing now how complicated it is. I am not sure I want to continue with it. I wouldnt want to trigger anyone or even myself into a crisis.

A memtor of mine who is also a licensed mental health counselor skimmed the workbook and told me that the workbook is the kind of thing that can be done on your own. This was a few months ago. So i thought everyone agreed and that i was one of few who had a harder time doing it on my own and that's why I wasn't thinking how heavy it can potentially get so heavy. To be honest, it does have a very worbook-y tone and I can limit graphic details. The point of the workbook isn't to share as intimately as one might to a therapist. Also my goal would be to work side by side peers without necessarily sharing what one wrote. We can share experiences on how a certain exercise felt or we can share what parts of the reading sections resonated most. That kind of thing. I am not a licensed professional and I'm not expecting anyone to try to process trauma in the clinical sense.