Thread: CPTSD workbook
View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: CPTSD workbook - October 17th 2020, 02:40 PM

A lot of workbooks can be done within a peer-to-peer support environment. The one thing that is very important in the group is setting group boundaries and what is off limits to discuss/sharing as the group. Meaning, it's a peer-to-peer group and not meant for professional support.

A group can successfully do a workbook as a peer-to-peer group, discussing the workbook and it's material, while supporting one another during the lessons. Some lessons have questions and/or reflections which may not require you to share with the other group. In this workbook I am thinking, those questions are reflections are best to do alone. Any questions on the content could be discussed, anything that is heavy or off topic about someone's life it should be left to their own individual counselor/therapist.

It's no different if someone wanted a peer-to-peer group in a workbook on how to meditate or build positive self-esteem or exercising.

With limited resources which are already being stretched during the pandemic, most things are being done virtually, more creative ways to getting help for ourselves is being done. It's really amazing. I wouldn't say it's complicated. It has been done in a peer-to-peer setting successfully.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.