Thread: Vyvanse , ADHD
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Vyvanse , ADHD - October 31st 2020, 01:43 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are experiencing discomfort from the medication that you are taking. That must be really worrisome and challenging for you.

I am wondering, did you notice more frequent urination before starting this medication or was it after you started it? It's important to know exactly when this began, it could be hard to tell.

With the medication, are you finding yourself drinking more fluids than before you started the medication? Are you more thirsty on the new medication?

It could be that you either are adjusting to the medication, it has increased thirst so you are going to the bathroom more, or your body is getting used to the medication, or just a combination of all.

If you recently, began the medication give it some time, I know some can take up to 6 weeks for the body to adjust to fully and others in under 2 weeks. I do encourage you to talk to your doctor about this if it continues and doesn't improve for you.

Something you could try is called, pelvic floor exercises, these can strengthen your bladder muscles and pelvic floor.

Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator