(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: can’t stop feeling turned on - November 6th 2020, 02:25 PM

Hi there,

First of all, don't be too hard on yourself. I've been exactly where you are now, and I know how stressful it can get. But, as I've had to learn the hard way, beating yourself over feeling a certain way is only going to do more harm for you than good.

Don't forcibly try to stop yourself from engaging in such activity, that's not going to work. Over time, these urges will stabilise. Remember, you can't ignore the effect of hormones at your age - that's probably the reason you're feeling "turned on". It's beyond your conscious control if it's your hormones' work, isn't it?

At your age, it's natural to want to explore your sexuality. It's something we all go through, trust me. You'll realise that the more you stress over this, the more difficult it will be to overcome this. Don't feel too bad about the feelings you're experiencing. If anything, having a more accepting frame of mind and being mindful that we do get these urges from time to time will naturally take care of the frequency and depth of such thoughts.

Take care!!