Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me
Pronouns: She/they/he

Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12 Points: 7,397, Level: 12

In love with best friend - December 7th 2020, 06:55 AM

In love with a close friend

I (F19) have known my best friend (F19) for about a year and half now, and lately we’ve gotten closer. When our other two friends (both M19) got dates, she (jokingly, I think) said that the two of us should date each other since the boys got dates. Since then we were unable to see each other cuz neither of us have a car and her aunt went away with the only car and won’t be back till January. The boys dates went well until they were mysteriously ghosted.

But during that time, I started to like her. We talk every day, and occasionally I’ll send a date idea. She likes them, but I don’t know if it’s just platonic (I remember her saying she’d like platonic dates). I try to flirt and send cutesy memes. Some days she does it back. Some days it seems like she likes me but other days it seems like the opposite and I don’t know what to think. I want to ask, but I feel like that’ll ruin everything unless it’s reciprocated. At the same time, I’m afraid if it is reciprocated, the relationship will fall and then ruin everything. I don’t know if I should say something or just wait for it to die out?? What should I do?

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak