(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skye16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Skye

Points: 1,292, Level: 5 Points: 1,292, Level: 5 Points: 1,292, Level: 5

Re: My mess - December 16th 2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chops View Post

Hey Skye, you are brave to reach out and tell us how awful your family and friends are. It must have taken courage to write, but underneath, I believe you're a strong person, though to you it doesn't seem that way most of the time.

The reason why your parents and family don't love or accept you, is because they may be that they do not know how to love properly. There is a huge chance that they do not love themselves and that they carry pain from something that happened to them, perhaps way back to when they were children, too. There are many who will never understand the pain they cause because they have never seen love, gentleness and tolerance up close. They cannot help but be spiteful, for they don't know what it is like to demonstrate love.

Except I know how loving you are to Maman and how you treat me so sweetly as a friend. You write beautifully, poetically, even. And your English is very good as is the gentle way you are towards friends we know. If your town has a public library, look for books on wholeness and
healing. One I can recommend, having read and loved it:

The Power of Forgiveness: A Guide to Healing and Wholeness by Emily J. Hook[/url] The book is published by Forgiveness Academy (2017)

That link will give you a choice of this book in various conditions. There is a currency converter. But if you were to request it at your library, here is the book's ISBN:

ISBN 10: 0998552402ISBN 13: 9780998552408 (link removed)

Happy, loving people spread happiness and love and are genuine as they are gentle in personality. Learn to generate your own peace and happiness so that you are not associating with the wrong people who only love themselves, so that you learn to form and be satisfied with healthy relationships outside of family among people you already know and who you call friends. But in the meantime your task is to be brave and carry on. The light will make itself known to you. in time it will.

For all it is possible, try and spread happiness and love even if it is not responded to. Learn to generate your own peace and happiness so that you are not chasing those who only love themselves, so that you learn to form healthy friendships outside of family. Do your best to learn to love yourself, and be as respectful to your unloving parents, and help them in the tasks they find difficult. If you cannot please them, then at least you will be pleasing yourself. An example of this is washing dishes. I absolutely loathe it, but prefer to do it to save Maman or Julie, both who hate the very thought of standing at the sink.

It is not you who are messed up, but your family. They cannot demonstrate love if it isn't there in their hearts. How you are feeling, resonates with me. How people react to you isn’t about you. It's about them. They may treat you in a despicable heartless way because of how they were treated as youngsters, or what they think they or you deserve. They just for the life of them cannot help themselves for being dysfunctional, going way back before you were born. But you can help yourself because your heart is open, and seeking. And in time you will find that.

Until you are old enough to leave home, try to care for them in ways they find things difficult. Cook if you can, shop for them if they don't feel like it. Give kindness if it is possible to find love the size of a poppy seed in your heart. Your parents may not be the greatest, but at least you have a roof over your head and are not living rough, a miserable and dangerous existence. You have food, and clothes and are safe where you live. Some places are not.

Julie and I were abandoned, our father too far gone and is dead now as is our birth mother, taken her life. By the time we were found my dearest sister and I were living in abject poverty. It's still raw. I can't....just can't talk about that anymore except to say we now have a loving mother, and that finally we are safe. I am praying for you.

Hugs,
Wendi
That was very beautifully written. Thank you so much Wendi. I've learned to embraced their distorted love. If even their love only last few moments I'm grateful for that. I've always love them with every inch of my existence because no matter how ever they are they are the only family I know.

I get that my parents are not heroes. And I'm not the best daughter either. Love is always two wayed. But it's tiring to always love them and get slight to none feeling from their part.

I will definitely read the book you recommended. It has a beautiful name.

All my life I have felt that something is wrong with me. I still feel that. It's like I'm broken and unfixable. I feels like I'm the one who always creates mess. It's hard to accept the opposite because it's humanly nature to blame oneself.

I'm sorry to hear about yours and Julie's past but I'm glad you have your Maman now.

Lots of love
Skye