View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Medication opinions. - December 20th 2020, 02:07 AM

Hey has any one taken lithium with Vyvanse before? Are they prescribed together? Is it safe? I am wondering because lithium decreases dopamine while Vyvanse increases it. So then how could you take a stimulant with a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic then? Has any one? Its kind of like taking an upper and a downer , which can't that really mess up your brain?

Has any one taken Buspar with Vyvanse and lithium all at once?

I heard Lithium is a great medication and has made people feel very calm and overall just an amazing drug.
I am worried about the known kidney, liver, and thyroid problem it can cause though. I was just wondering if some one wanted to take lithium and was not bipolar therefore they would only stay on the lowest does only.

In your opinion would the lowest does lithium be less likely to cause, kidney, liver , and thyroid issues? Lithium is highly known to cause hypothyroidism.

What about the vitamin Lithium orotate which they say is similar to the drug lithium, has any one tried to vitamin lithium orotate? Do you think it would be a safer option? My opinion is it would be a safer option and if clinical trials have showed that it can help just as the drug lithium can then why not take the safer natural vitamin then instead of the drug.

"Clinical trials involving 150 mg daily doses of lithium orotate administered 4 to 5 times a week, showed a reduction of manic and depressive symptoms in bipolar patients (Lakhan, S. E., & Vieira, K. F. (2008). Nutritional therapies for mental disorders. Nutrition journal, 7, 2. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-7-2)."

Disclaimer: Any thing said in this post is not about another person. The situations are made up and all examples are made up. While the made up examples and situations may feel like they are similar to your story, about something your going through and so on does not mean its automatically about you. Similarities are common but nothing said should be taken as directed at any one as these are made up fake scenarios and in no way directed at any one or about any one or about any ones situation.