View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 04:26 PM

I understand where you are coming from, I do. But, not everyone does. And it is not up to you to decide how other people feel about something you say. I think the biggest hang up here is that you posted something and you did not receive the reaction you wanted. And instead of trying to understand why people feel the way you do, you’re telling them to lighten up. People aren’t going to feel a certain way just because you THINK they should.

Even though I understand your meaning and intent, I can understand why people might take offense to your post. I see you say a lot of things about people here that indicate you’re not happy here. I encourage you to consider that maybe TeenHelp is not for you. We welcome everyone, and want to help everyone, but sometimes this site isn’t the right fit for people. Heck, I took a break years and years ago because TH wasn’t what I needed at that point in my life. I only recently came back. It’s okay to walk away. However, if you choose to stick around- that’s okay too! I would encourage typing your posts in a separate document, then read it as if it was being written to you. Ask yourself how you feel when reading it. This may help tone down some of the verbiage that is considered offensive to some of our user. Challenge yourself to reword your posts (not censor yourself- reword).

I believe that you are an awesome asset here. You give fantastic advice. I want to continue to see the kind, caring Lauri that I know you are.